There’s nothing more relaxing after a long day’s work than a hot shower. You can practically feel your aches and pains disappearing as the water flows down your body.
But, this can remain a dream if you don’t have a water heater. Or if you’re existing heater is slow, heats irregularly, or emits a foul smell.
This is when you need a professional plumber like Dima Plumbing to help you out.
We have the expertise in not only installing but also maintaining and repairing all types of water heaters.
Our team of licensed plumbers offers cost-efficient and effective services for your optimal satisfaction.
Send us a message
Different types of water heaters and their featuresA water heater is a long-term investment, so you must make a well-informed choice. We at Dima Plumbing are always ready to help you with your selection.
While your budget and requirements are the most important factors to consider, you can choose from the following types:
- Conventional water tank water heatersYou most probably have a conventional water heater if your heater is old. They usually can hold 20 to 100 gallons of water. basement water heater in Toronto But the water is not heated instantly. Water is stored and heated when required, using electric or gas energy. It means you will have to wait for the water to reheat once you run out of hot water. These units however consume the most power. They use about half the energy of a regular household.
- Solar water heatersThese are eco-friendly heaters, using solar energy to heat your water. There is no use of any gas or electricity. So you can expect a reduction of 50-80% reduction in your water heating bills. However, they may not work as efficiently as required in places with limited sunlight, and frequent cloudy weather.
- Tankless water heatersThese heat water much faster than units with tanks. But its most crucial feature is that it provides you with uninterrupted hot water. It means you have hot water ready when required. It can also reduce your water heating bills by as much as 30 percent.
- Hybrid water heatersThis is a combination unit with a conventional tank. The water is here heated using a heat pump and existing water or electrical connections. You can expect a reduction of 60 percent in your water heating costs.
Why Choose Us?
Common water heater problems, causes and solutions
- Water temperature problemsWater temperature issues are a common complaint. And most of the time, it’s resolved by adjusting the water tank temperature because you may have accidentally changed it. Some people also have the habit of reducing the water tank temperature during summer months to save energy. In this case, increasing the temperature fixes the problems for the cold winter months. However, if the water doesn’t heat after increasing the temperature increases, it’s usually because of a faulty thermostat. The problem can be rectified by replacing the thermostat. There are other reasons for water temperature fluctuations like a water tank leak and mineral deposits. They are better treated by professionals and not ignored. Our professionals will take a look at your water heater to ascertain and resolve the problem for you.
- Discolored or smelly waterThis is another common water heater problem. Water discoloration is usually caused by high mineral deposits like iron and copper, making pipes rust. It can in time lead to plumbing system problems. Installing a water softener system generally resolves the condition. In the case of smelly water, there are many possible reasons for it. Suppose it smells like rotten eggs or sewage, then it may be because of bacterial growth in the water tank. Thoroughly flushing the water tank usually resolves the problem. If the smell persists, then a corroded anode rod may be the problem, and it needs replacement. If it’s a garlic smell you get from the pipes, it’s usually because the pilot light needs relighting. But if it’s a gas smell, then it may be an emergency. Do not attempt to do anything but call the professionals right away.
- Noisy water heaterNoisy water heaters aren’t a threat of any kind. They are just annoying. There are various reasons for the noise like excessive build up of minerals. Flushing the water heater out at least once a year helps prevent it. A deteriorating heating element can also make noise, and replacing it is the solution. However, you have to call professionals immediately if it’s a boiling sound you hear. It is usually the sound of dangerous pressure accumulation caused by the unit overheating.
- Water heater leakageWater leaks are quite apparent because you will notice water pools near the unit. There may also be water dripping from the unit or pipes leading to it. The leak can also lead to a drop in the water temperature. You need to know why the leak is to repair it because there are many causes for it. For example, it may be age, a loose drain valve, a poor water heater installation, poor maintenance, or the tank’s pressure. If the cause of the leak is a loose valve, tightening it resolves the problem. However, if it’s a corroded water tank, then it needs replacement.
- Damaged gas control or burnerWater heaters won’t work efficiently if the burner or gas control is dirty or non-functional. Replacing the damaged burner assembly or thermocouple as it’s also known, gives a solution. You can do it yourself, but only after first turning off the gas and water connections. However, you can always, and it’s better to call the professionals if in doubt. In need for water heater repair near you in Toronto? Call Dima Plumbing now! We know that water heater emergencies can happen when you least expect it. That’s why we are ready to provide 24/7 emergency plumbing services at no additional charges throughout the Greater Toronto Area. All you have to do is call us if you have a problem. The quicker you get to us, the faster we can reach and have your unit repaired.
You can count on us for:
Water Heater MaintenanceWe don’t just install your water heater. We also perform annual maintenance checks that ensure your investment lasts as long as possible.
Water Heater Installation
We at Dima Plumbing ensure the following while installing your water heater:
Why choose Dima Plumbing?
If you wonder why you should select us for your plumbing needs, it’s because we know that plumbing is frustrating to the novice. It’s better having an expert help deal with all your plumbing and water heater issues. Besides, an inexperienced homeowners’ wrong move only leads to potential disasters, additional repairs, and extra expenses. Always trust an experienced, licensed master plumber like John Dima of Dima Plumbing for all your plumbing work.
We adhere to Toronto’s strict plumbing codes so that your home’s plumbing system is up to code if you decide to sell it. While it’s something we take into consideration, it’s something most plumbers ignore.
Besides, we boast of:
- 20+ years of experience in the plumbing industryProfessional help gives you a better job well done and saves your time. It also reduces the chances of any faulty repair. No job is too small or big for us. We have been providing honest, affordable, and courteous plumbing and drainage services to Toronto people for more than 20 years.
- Upfront ratesWe are affordable plumbers in my area. We quote most services at an upfront flat rate price, so you know there are no surprises when you receive your bill!
- Advanced plumbing technologyWe use the latest and state-of-the-art plumbing equipment to assess your plumbing situation and deliver the best and quickest results.
- 24 hour plumber available 24 hours a day and seven days a weekOur specialists are ready to take care of all your plumbing, and water heating needs 24/7. We help you with all your residential and commercial plumbing estimates, advice, or emergency service.
- Prompt servicesWe make sure we reach your job site on time and prepared. We closely listen to your questions and concerns. And we reach you with most parts required for plumbing and water heater repair work. It is because we aim to resolve the problem as quickly as possible, on the first visit. And we make it a point to not leave until the project is complete, and the area cleaned.
- Plumbing and Toronto toilet repair and installationWe can handle all types of plumbing works for both residential and commercial establishments. We have the know-how to install all types of toilets as per your requirements.
- Drain cleaningWe can take care of all your drain cleaning needs using the latest technology and equipment.
- Backflow preventionOur plumbers are fully licensed and experienced with backflow installation, testing, and servicing.
- Emergency plumbingWe at Dima Plumbing are known for our quick and prompt emergency plumbing services. This 24 hour plumber near me provides immediate response time and assistance for all your plumbing repair GTA problems.
Join our happy customers
You can trust our plumbers and the quality and professionalism of our work.
We are so glad we were able to find John, he is such a professional and so friendly. We've been in our house about a year and found a leak in our ceiling directly under one of our bathrooms. John was able to find that a gasket was missing from the bathtub drain, and also the toilet gasket was replaced as there was water around it. Everything done in less than an hour. Hoping this will fix our problem, but I am confident that we won't have leaks anymore! Thanks John!
February 11, 2022
We were very happy with the service we got from John. He was prompt in his response and came to our home quickly. He was able to resolve our plumbing issue efficiently and at a fair price. He even gave us a few hacks on how we can keep our pipes running smoothly to avoid similar issues in the future. We would definitely use him again and recommend him to our friends and family.
July 11, 2022
Incredible service! +++ So glad to have found John, as now our go to master plumber. He is very professional, reasonably priced, highly skilled and a true gentleman. Getting an accurate quote from John was quick and easy - I submitted pictures with my job list using their web form, received a fair quote within the hour, and a few minutes later I was able to book a convenient time with him. He came on time and communicated 30 minutes on the dot before arrival. He installed a handheld bidet sprayer with hot and cold water connection and a pair of water hammer arrestors for my front loading high efficiency washer. He worked clean and efficiently and checked everything with me before wrapping up. Highly recommend him and will be calling him for all my plumbing needs going forward.
November 11, 2022
John is an absolute pleasure to deal with. One morning woke up to some really bad water stains on the kitchen ceiling due to some kind of leak in the bathroom above.. Reached out to John who was very attentive with excellent communication. He instructed me to take a couple photos and answer a few questions. He was able to diagnose the problem accurately and provide me with a quote for the work in a quick email exchange. He came, resolved my problem and everything was done well and completely transparent with everything.. He also took a look at another issue I had and provided great guidance there as well. I could not be more happy with the service John provided. He's a fantastic plumber and a great authentic, friendly guy. Look no further if you need a great plumbing services.
May 11, 2022
John did 3 separate jobs around my house including adding a filter outside, fixing a pipe inside my garage, and replacing a leaky toilet shut-off valve. Very happy with the quality of the work, and John took the time to answer my questions and explain what he was doing and why. Overall very satisfied and would use him again.
June 11, 2022
I’d used John’s service twice within last several months. First to replace the basket strainers with the kitchen sink, he also replaced the piping without charging extra when he saw the pipes not installed properly from before. Second time was to repair a leaking toilet. John was able to identify the issue when I explained to him on the phone and he came and fixed it. He also fixed other issue on the day he visited and the charges are reasonable. Will definitely use the again
June 11, 2022
We had a problem with a leaking toilet that had to be fixed. I contacted John with my questions and received the response very promptly. After I was ready to go ahead with the repairs he was able to squeeze me into his schedule on the next day. He arrived on time and did a great job fixing the leak. It has been more than 8 months since that day and we have not had a single problem again. Another good thing that came out of his visit is that if something is going to go wrong with the plumbing in the condo I don't need to spend time searching for someone I trust with the plumbing work, I will definitely call him again.
May 11, 2022
I initially thought I needed a complete faucet change but after review, John mentioned I required a new cartridge which was not as expensive as initially quoted. I booked John for his honesty and integrity as I sent the same details to several other companies who quoted $800-$1200. John came within a 24 hour turn around time and fixed the leak in my faucet! Thank you again
November 11, 2022
Reliable and prompt service on multiple occasions. Installed a new sink and new toilets, fixed some indoor plumbing. Got the job done in a timely fashion with no pressure recommendations on work required and why.
October 11, 2022
John has done a few jobs for me over the last few years. This last job was to fix a toilet and unclog a bathroom sink. John is always a pleasure to work with and is very quick to respond, arrives on time and gets the job done. I never hesitate in recommending Dima plumbing to my family and friends.
June 11, 2022
Needed to replace the Thermostatic valve in our shower. John Dima was on-time very professional and got to work right away. What I liked was how he worked; He put on shoe covers at the front door, was careful not to scratch or damage the shower, was constantly wiping down the surface to make sure it was clean and free of any debris. Awesome Job. I would recommend Dima Plumbing and will call upon him if we need future servicing.
March 11, 2022
We hired Dima Plumbing to replace our outdoor faucet since it was rusty and our old hose was corroded stuck on it. John came on time, was polite and personable, very efficient with the job, and offered helpful tips on what do with outdoor faucets during the winter. The highlight for me was watching John work. It was a quick and straightforward replacement (less than 30 mins) but you could see the years of knowledge and experience with how smoothly John replaced the old faucet, cleaned away the years of rust and corrosion, and attached the brand new bib. It was like watching those mastercraftsmen working effortlessly with their tools to scrape and sculpt something from nothing. Highly recommend John and Dima Plumbing!
January 11, 2022
Excellent Work and Service We hired Dima Plumbing to install drainage for a new sink. John showed up on time and was very polite and professional. He took time to answer all of our questions and completed the job in no-time. He cleaned up nicely and provided helpful tips for keeping out drains clear. I would recommend Dima and John to anyone looking for plumbing repairs.
January 11, 2022
I recently used Dima Plumbing to replace an old toilet and its shut-off valve. I highly recommend their services. John's quote was reasonable compared other plumber's quotes I received. He was very prompt in everything - replying to my request for a quote, answering my questions, booking an appointment, and arriving for the work. He did the job efficiently, following COVID guidelines, and explained well what needed to be done. If I need future plumbing work, I will contact Dima Plumbing and will recommend this plumbing firm to my friends and family.
January 11, 2022
I contacted John (Dima Plumbing) to repair a broken copper pipe to my refrigerator ice maker; and to repair the main floor toilet. I found John to be very polite, professional, and knowledgeable. I am completely satisfied with the work done by John; and I will be contacting him for any future plumbing needs. Keep up the great work, John (Dima Plumbing) !!
January 11, 2022
John was punctual and arrived prepared. Quality plumbing work on toilets, faucet & plumbing pipes. All repairs in timely manner. Very satisfied with work done. Definitely recommend to others requiring plumbing work.
May 11, 2022
John replaced 2 old leaky valves for an outdoor hose connection and inspected and tightened loose fittings in a kitchen sink drain. The work was completed quickly and tested to ensure all issues were resolved.
May 11, 2022
My call was courteously taken and John arrived on time. He quickly checked the issue with leak and then replaced the kitchen faucet quickly. He also worked on to unclog the pipe and all finished in a couple of hours. Very professional and good quality work. Will definitely call him the next time.
January 11, 2021
Water Heaters FAQs
A strict COVID-19 policy
We at Dima Plumbing follow a strict COVID-19 policy to ensure we continue to offer safe services to our customers. We know that as plumbers, it is our responsibility to keep our community safe and sanitized. Each of our technicians has a safety and disinfectant kit for their personal and client’s health. The kits comprise of hand sanitizers, bleach, disinfectant wipes, fresh rags, soap, and other necessary equipment. We always first wash hands or use a hand sanitizer before and after entering each spot.
We then wear gloves before working and wipe and disinfect anything we touch before and after handling them. Our employees also wear masks for their own, and the client’s safety. In addition to all of this, each worker is tested every day for fever using thermo-guns. Any employee who travels for two weeks or has symptoms lined by the government has to stay at home for two weeks. We take all these precautions because our goal lies in keeping our staff and our community safe. We offer both residential and commercial plumbing services for all your maintenance, repair, and new installation needs.